Work work work work work work… It’s getting to the end of the year (I cannot believe that it’s almost 2018!) and my body, brain and soul are at the point where they need a break.
This year has really been one for the books (in terms of my career) and at times it has been overwhelming and high pressured, however, these are a few things that kept me going throughout (in no particular order mind you):
- Waking up earlier to get more done so I don’t have to rush
- Try to prepare as much as possible the night before
- Let go of unnecessary drama (you don’t need that toxicity in your life)
- Exercise – this has been an on and off things for me but I am taking it day by day
- Eating better – less junk, more wholesome goodness
- Taking time to enjoy a cup of tea (I L O V E tea so when I have my cup of the day, I like to just sit and relax and really enjoy it
- Watch something funny (a 20 minute Modern Family episode always makes me laugh)
- Sleep early (anyone who knows me knows that I am in bed at like21h00)
- Vitamins – this has been saving me lately!
- Yoga (which is in line with number 4 but I felt like it needed it’s own point)
- Dance Dance Dance – sometimes you gotta blast the music and just shake it off
- Prayer – of course
- Treat yo self! To a massage or little spa treatment because you deserve it
- Read – I have been getting back into this – never knew how much I missed it
- Take it a day at a time
How do you deal with the stress when it gets too much?