Hello lovelies! 2018 looks to be off to a great start already, as it is raining today here in Cape Town (for those who may not know, we are currently experiencing a drought with severe water restrictions in place.)
2017 was quite the year for us, we purchased our first home (see series here) and this has been such an amazing experience thus far.
See my favourite looks from this year below – thank you for another year of support. We are hoping that 2018 brings many new projects and content just for you!
Here is to 2018 being even better than 2017 and to all my readers – a Happy New Year!
Hey Lovelies! I am in full on holiday mode and loving it!!! I have been a little quiet on the social media front (due to just relaxing and spending time with friends and family).
A long overdue post being my Makeup Favourites for October and November – read more below.
Work work work work work work… It’s getting to the end of the year (I cannot believe that it’s almost 2018!) and my body, brain and soul are at the point where they need a break.
This year has really been one for the books (in terms of my career) and at times it has been overwhelming and high pressured, however, these are a few things that kept me going throughout (in no particular order mind you):
- Waking up earlier to get more done so I don’t have to rush
- Try to prepare as much as possible the night before
- Let go of unnecessary drama (you don’t need that toxicity in your life)
- Exercise – this has been an on and off things for me but I am taking it day by day
- Eating better – less junk, more wholesome goodness
- Taking time to enjoy a cup of tea (I L O V E tea so when I have my cup of the day, I like to just sit and relax and really enjoy it
- Watch something funny (a 20 minute Modern Family episode always makes me laugh)
- Sleep early (anyone who knows me knows that I am in bed at like21h00)
- Vitamins – this has been saving me lately!
- Yoga (which is in line with number 4 but I felt like it needed it’s own point)
- Dance Dance Dance – sometimes you gotta blast the music and just shake it off
- Prayer – of course
- Treat yo self! To a massage or little spa treatment because you deserve it
- Read – I have been getting back into this – never knew how much I missed it
- Take it a day at a time
How do you deal with the stress when it gets too much?